Seems like the weather is playing april fools with us in Toronto, as we still need a jacket to go outside this week. CSC seems to be nearing its final classes, as with other courses it will be dearly missed. It was one of the very few courses which I enjoyed in my first year, partly because it was a computer course which taught me many basics of computing. Professor Heap is an amazing teacher, and it seldom felt boring being in his lectures.
Reading other students' slogs, I heard that Anna (annaleecsc104.blogspot.ca) also feels the same about the second term test as me, that it was a bit unexpected of a mark, but the assignments made up for it, equaling them out.
As I talked about in a past post, I am going to write about a slight photo manipulation problem I had in Dr. Racket. The problem was with how to swap the colour intensity in a image. I was trying to swap the red and green values of a picture of a chameleon, similar to the example Prof. Heap did in class, but then was multiplying the blue value to double, to test its effect on the overall picture. It turned out that the values for red, green, blue and alpha have a upper maximum of 255 or 256, and the doubling of the blue was sometimes causing the blue value to go over the maximum.
Reading other students' slogs, I heard that Anna (annaleecsc104.blogspot.ca) also feels the same about the second term test as me, that it was a bit unexpected of a mark, but the assignments made up for it, equaling them out.
As I talked about in a past post, I am going to write about a slight photo manipulation problem I had in Dr. Racket. The problem was with how to swap the colour intensity in a image. I was trying to swap the red and green values of a picture of a chameleon, similar to the example Prof. Heap did in class, but then was multiplying the blue value to double, to test its effect on the overall picture. It turned out that the values for red, green, blue and alpha have a upper maximum of 255 or 256, and the doubling of the blue was sometimes causing the blue value to go over the maximum.
Colour intensities may range from 0 to 255, inclusive.
ReplyDeleteThank you, I knew it should be somewhere around 255 or 256, thus the error... I was trying some things which led it above 255, and that's how I learnt it didn't work higher than that
Delete